domenica 6 aprile 2008

... Culture!



photo by @Lupinthethird
Hello everybody!

This week I started to think about my final project. I have to choose a topic concerning an aspect of American culture to be compared with the Italian one. But... what is culture?!? Fortunately, last semester we have already discussed about it; culture involves everything: food, religion, habits, music, language, values. That's why it's quite hard for me to choose a topic because I'm interested in a lot of things.

By the way, the most curious aspect I'd like to focus on is the educational system. Before starting the skype exchange, I decided to visit Dickinson site. Here you are the link www.dickinson.edu/ . I was really impressed because it's quite different from our university and the idea of university I have. This different organisation has many consequences, the most important one is the following: American students have the opportunity to experience University life. (I think, for example, at my American peer Kristen: she's from California and she moved to study there...)
In my final project I'd like to make some comparisons between Italian and American universities. Maybe it's a banal topic but there are many reflections I can do which involves not only the educational system, but life in general.

Nessun commento: