domenica 13 aprile 2008

Immigration

Immigration is a very recent issue in Italy. I don't think it's the same in the USA, that's why our next skype exchange will be very interesting on Tuesday.
There are many aspects I'd like to focus on, for example integration . America has been famous for the "melting pot" system. Today, a buzzword in immigration is "multiculturalism". There are so many books concerning this problem... yes, because immigration is considered a social problem. But these words are meaningless! So even if I've studied all these stuffs in ethnology, sociology and so on, I'm curious to know something about integration in the USA:
- how people live together
- are there any problems connected to immigration?
- do people believe that immigrants steal work opportunites to the natives?
- can immigrants obtain the right to vote? How?
Another interesting aspect I'd like to talk about is the immigration policy adopted by the USA and Italy. Here in Italy immigrants have the right to stay only if they've a job. So immigrants = workers. What about the USA?

1 commento:

Anonimo ha detto...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.