domenica 20 aprile 2008

Skype

This week I skyped with Ugo. It was the first time I had a chat with him because I’ve always skyped with Kristen. We couldn’t talk about our final project since we are in different groups. That’s why we decided to talk about immigration. We had an interesting discussion since immigration is a very big issue both in Italy and in the USA. I’m very interested in this topic even because in Italy immigration is a quite recent phenomenon while in the USA is deeply rooted.
We focus on different aspects such as immigration policies, illegal immigrants and racism.
I was curious to know if integration is successful or not and if immigrants are perceived as foreigners or Americans. As for Ugo, he asked me something about the Italian situation. We talked about the Lega Nord party and about the consequences of illegal immigration such as the organised crime.
One of the funniest things I heard from Ugo is that American complain about immigrants because they steal the job to the natives… well, it’s the same here in Italy! Of course, Ugo and I believe that is not true.

1 commento:

Jenny ha detto...

Hi there! I'm doing a project on Skype and researching how its helped people keep in touch, especially given the economy and long distance, especially overseas. I was wondering if you would be willing to share your story with me? Feel free to add me on Skype, zorbett from new york, NY or email me at jennyskypes@gmail.com. Thanks, I look forward to hearing your story and would so appreciate your time!